COVID-19 Benefits coverage for Life insurance plans
- What products/policies are eligible for the coverage of COVID-19 Benefits?
All individual or group life insurance policies issued in Hong Kong by Zurich Assurance Ltd, Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd or Zurich International Life Limited are eligible for this coverage.
- Who is eligible for the coverage of COVID-19 Benefits?
The life insured under any individual or group life insurance policies issued in Hong Kong by Zurich Assurance Ltd, Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd or Zurich International Life Limited are eligible for coverage.
- If I am the life insured of more than one individual or group life insurance policy, does it mean I am eligible to claim more than once?
The coverage under COVID-19 Benefits shall be payable once only to each covered customer.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19 overseas, would the coverage apply to me?
Any covered customers who are confirmed to have been diagnosed with COVID-19 will be entitled to the Additional Hospital Cash Benefit regardless of their location.
- Do I have to stay in designated hospitals in order to be eligible for the Additional Hospital Cash Benefit? Does it cover private and public hospitals? Does it cover overseas hospitals outside of Hong Kong?
You are entitled to the Additional Hospital Cash Benefit if you are confined in either private and public hospitals in Hong Kong or overseas as long as they satisfy the criteria of “Hospital”
as defined in the COVID-19 Benefits terms & conditions. Hospitals located in Mainland China, only include a hospital that is designated and accepted by Zurich.
- If I am entitled to the Additional Hospital Cash Benefit, and my family member(s) is/ are required to undergo mandatory quarantine, am I entitled to the Mandatory Quarantine Cash Benefit?
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and, as a result, the compulsory quarantine of your family member(s) is/ are required in a Hospital or isolation center for observation as imposed by the Hong Kong Government, a one-off cash benefit of HKD 5,000 shall be payable to the covered customer(s), regardless of the number of family members.
- What is the definition of family member? If my flat mate is not my immediate family member, is requested to quarantine due to my diagnosed with COVID-19, am I eligible for the Mandatory Quarantine Cash Benefit?
Yes, family member(s) shall mean the people residing with the covered customers in the same dwelling in Hong Kong. Relevant proof of address may be required when making a claim.
- Is there waiting period for the COVID-19 Benefits?
For individual life insurance policies issued in Hong Kong by Zurich on or after January 23, 2020, COVID-19 Benefits shall not be payable if the covered customer is diagnosed with COVID-19 or any signs or symptoms are present within 14 days from the policy application date or policy issue date (whichever is the later). Make a claim and further questions on COVID-19 coverage
- If I would like to make a claim for additional free benefits against COVID-19, what are the claims procedures and supporting documents required? When should I make a claim?
You may submit your claim in writing along with relevant supporting documents such as attending physicians’ diagnosis report, medical screening/test report, etc. issued by the Hospital and a proof of address for the claim of Mandatory Quarantine Cash Benefit via email at email@example.com. You may also call our Life Claims Hotline on +852 2535 3502 on Monday to Friday (except public holidays) during 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
You should make your claim within 120 days from the date on which you are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- What is the claim payment currency and the method of payment?
The claim payment will be reimbursed by cheque or autopay in HKD or USD only.
- Upon submitting my claim request, when will I receive the claim amount?
The claim amount will be received within 6 working days from the date on which all required documents are provided.
- If I am insured under both general insurance plan (e.g. travel or home insurance) and life insurance plan by Zurich, am I eligible to benefits under COVID-19 Series?
If you have both General and Life Insurance plan by Zurich, and unfortunately diagnosed with COVID-19, you will be entitled to both benefits if your conditions match the respective COVID- 19 coverage.
- I have further questions about the additional free benefits against COVID-19, who can I contact?
If you have further questions, please call Customer Service Hotline on +852 2535 3500 on Monday to Friday (except public holidays) during 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This FAQ is for reference only. For details on the coverage, please refer to the terms and conditions of COVID- 19 Benefits. The English version shall prevail in case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions.